The farms must be registered as organic and monitored for compliance to the organic regulations by the Danish AgriFish Agency, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries of Denmark. In addition to these regulations the following demands must be fulfilled:
- Daily exercise all year round.
- On pasture during the summer months.
- Kept in housing in the winter with ample space and lots of litter.
- The feed is 100% organic, and must include roughage. No genetically modified animal feed (GMO-free feed).
- Always Danish beef – born, raised and slaughtered in Denmark.